Kindlestown has 35 hectares of mixed woodland with an excellent network of paths and viewing points. A stretch of the woodland trail has been adapted for mobility-impaired visitors. The name Kindlestown or Baile an Chinligh, date back to around 1300 when Albert de Kinley was sheriff in the area. The property was originally part of the Bellevue Estate and was purchased by the state from the La Touche family in 1930.
To down load free booklet on Kindlestown Woods Walking Trail click here. For more information from Coillte click here.