Kindlestown Woods

Kindlestown Woods

Kindlestown Woods trail also has it own car park and again you can see it on our map. To get to Kindlestown Wood from Delgany: go up Bellvue Hill and it’s on the right at the top of the hill. To view more information on Kindlesdown wood and to download free...
Glen of the Downs Nature Reserve

Glen of the Downs Nature Reserve

The Glen of Downs was once part of the Bellevue Estate. In Victorian times the view from the rectangular room of the nearby Bellevue House was described as ‘ a scene of luxurious softness, combined with grandeur and significance’. The pleasant little Three Trout...
Christ Church

Christ Church

Church of Ireland Parish Church, built by Peter La Touche at a cost of £5,000 and designed by Whitmore Davis, it was completed in 1789. A light Gothic building with a steeple rising 30m. over the Western entrance, containing a clock and bell. A stone tablet bearing...
Carmelite Monastery

Carmelite Monastery

Delgany has been home to a community of Carmelite Nuns since 1844. Due to an historical need, a National School with places for 200 was opened at the Monastery in 1846. Teaching is not a normal activity of a Carmelite Monastery. However, due to prevailing...
Kindlestown Castle

Kindlestown Castle

A Medieval castle possibly dating back to the 9th century although no datable finds have been made to confirm this. The castle appears to have been occupied into the 18th century. Excavation also established that the south and west walls represented a replacement wall...
Bellevue House

Bellevue House

The estate of Ballydonagh comprised of 300 acres was purchased by David La Touche, David the Second, in 1753. The house was built between 1754-56 at an estimated cost of £30,000. It was called ‘Bellevue’ and was David’s favourite country retreat. Exquisite gardens...